If you can’t answer this question, read on. How your website has performed over the last year is something that must be analysed. Once you have the data, you can learn how to make your website work even better for you in 2019. Here’s how:
Reflecting on 2018
As we reach the end of the year it’s time to reflect on the success, or otherwise, of your website. Ask yourself:
- How many unique leads has it generated?
- What percentage are return visitors?
- Which pages do they visit?
- What is the bounce rate and exit rate? (Do they look at multiple pages or see one and leave?)
- What’s the current visitor to email sign-up ratio?
- How many of those were converted into customers?
You are not sure how to monitor website performance?
Sooner rather than later you’ll need to activate Google Analytics. It’s a powerful free tool provided by Google itself. It’s simple to install and quick to begin collecting data for you to review.
Understanding the data you’re looking at can be daunting – which bits are most important? At this point it’s wise to speak to digital experts (like the team at Rockbridge Web) to help you extract the bits you need and explain how it can all be used to improve the overall performance of your website.
You have Google Analytics but don’t understand the metrics?
You’re not alone, but it’s good to have a basic understanding of what to look for. If you aren’t tracking month on month and you’re not sure how to interpret the data, it might be time to get help to analyse your website’s performance.
As a starting point, a good understanding of the following metrics is key:
– How much traffic is your website getting?
– Trends – do people visit more during the working week or weekends, daytime or evening?
– How long do visitors spend on your website?
– Where do people find you? (Google search, social media, email, etc.)
– Organic searches versus paid searches – the percentage of organic traffic to your website will indicate how well it’s performing in search engines.
Regular performance reports will give you answers to these questions.
With professional help and monthly tracking your site can be optimised, improving the SEO (search engine optimisation), and increasing the volume of visitors and enquiries. Turn these enquiries into customers, and you’ve gone full circle!
You don’t have a website?
Make this a high priority for 2019. A business website is a fundamental promotion platform for your medical practice. You don’t want to be left trailing behind the competition.
When potential customers research businesses such as yours, the first place they’ll look is online. You need to be there to be discovered.
Ask an expert
Whichever of the above statements best fits your situation, don’t feel alone in this process.
Rockbridge Web are digital communication specialists with experience in creating successful websites for medical practices.
We know how you to build websites that attract, inform, and draw in new customers, and we know how to analyse the performance of those sites too!
For an idea of what we can achieve together, have a look through our portfolio for examples of previous website, brand, and digital marketing projects.
Our digital marketing packages include performance tracking reports. We’ll consult with you monthly to see where and how improvements can be made.
Contact us to discuss how we can optimise your practice’s online presence as we head in 2019. Can you afford not to?